WABI SABI MOMENTS

Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

McCain on SNL?

Yeah, he did it. He went on SNL, and not just McCain either, his wife appeared too! Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd how all of them have showed up on SNL the last few weeks? Funny how the "biased liberal media" is evil, in the tank for Obama, and taking away Palin's freedom of speech (sorry, not over that one yet), but the campaign sure does make use of them as much as possible! Fucking ridiculous, I swear.

I love the dig at the Obama campaign for his informercial on Wednesday night, acting like the McCain camp is at a disadvantage because they are short on funding, as if we all are ignorant about the amount of money the RNC has. *snort*

He is a good sport about his appearances on the show, better than I think Palin was, but I still don't think he's the right person to have in the White House. The way his entire campaign has been run speaks much louder than any words he or Palin get out at their rallies.

I've heard some people are boycotting SNL for having him on the show, but considering how many times he's appeared before, and that SNL is supposed to be unbiased, I really don't think boycotting is going to do a damned thing.

So to all you who are boycotting SNL tonight, I have an even better way to make your voice heard: VOTE! And after Nov. 4th, remain politically active! The most effective thing you can do is to get active in a local organisation, help out your community, and engage in effective dialogue with both those who agree with you and those who don't! The POTUS affects our country, no doubt, but national change starts on an individual level. Want things to be different? Roll up your sleeves, give up a few hours a week, and work for it!

And for those of you who aren't boycotting, here are the clips. The first one is the opening, the second one is of "Weekend Update". When he said he was going to try playing the "Sad Grandpa, where I get on TV and say Obama is going to have plenty of chances to be president, it's my turn! Vote for me!" I really did burst out laughing...because seriously I think that's gone through his head for real, at least once.



No comments: