WABI SABI MOMENTS

Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh, forgot one....it's a big one too.

I forgot the BAD drama after the doctor's office and before the veggie shop!

Absentee ballot drama. I have to have 2 witnesses sign, right? We tried to catch up with a friend for dinner, but she wasn't feeling well, so we were about to call and see if Chris' sister would be game to sign, when I logged on to the Fed Ex site to see where to drop my parcel. Scanning the list of "participating states" as the page processed my request, I noticed Alabama missing from the top of the list... After a few more clicks I found out why. Some states have requirements for the mailing of ballots that FedEx doesn't meet. Now what requirement Alabama has I don't know, I can't seem to find it, but I recall reading that a few states require your ballot package be postmarked by the US mail service, you can't send it special courier! So, I'm assuming that's the problem, although I'll keep trying to find an official explanation tomorrow.

Yeah, so, if that's true, I'm going to have to pay like $30 to have it sent and hope it gets there in time, where it belongs!

Upon doing more reading I noticed that some states that require witness signatures or notarization, say the witnesses have to be US citizens, which for me will be impossible, and while the paperwork I have doesn't have that stipulation, I don't feel like risking it. So I've decided to try and see if the Justice of the Peace is in at the Citizen's Advice Bureau tomorrow, if she is, I can go and have her notarize my envelope.

This whole process is making me loopy.... HAH! Guess what song is playing through the headphones at the moment??

"You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals so lets do it like they do on the Discovery Channel!"

And on that note, I'm off to bed, to sleep, but hopefully not have any odd dreams... Well, I could make an exception if it involves this song and say.... Vin Diesel? *blinks innocently*

No comments: