WABI SABI MOMENTS

Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Keepin’ me on my toes!

Between immigration stuff for both NZ and the US...and rounds with doctors I want to kick, life is keepin' me on my toes!

Where are we in the immigration process?

US immigration-- We've sent in all the possible paperwork we can...now we play the waiting game. Could be a month before we hear anything, could be up to 4 months. (evil,eh?) All we can do is wait, hope to hear sooner rather than later, and send lots of good energy to get everything done quickly and without any problems. When we hear from them it will be to (hopefully) be given a final interview date with the embassy here. Chris will then have to schedule the health exam in enough time to have the medical certificate from the doctor approved, and have it sent to the embassy before the interview. At the interview they will do a final review of our documents, ask some questions to confirm we aren't scamming them, and then either approve or deny Chris' visa. If approved, we should be able to leave the country within a few weeks!

NZ immigration-- I sent in a request for an extention on my permit here. I currently have 13 days left legally in NZ. Scary, huh? I have no nails left 'cause I've bitten them all down...*snort* They've been processing my application since April 15th....they'd better get done soon damn it! They don't have to give me a extension since I've already been here for almost 2 years. No, they don't care that we are married and that US immigration is making life difficult....so..yeah...fun fun!

If they kick me out of NZ, we're going to Australia to wait for the US to finish processing Chris' visa. Our hope is that if we are forced to leave NZ, once we have an interview date at the embassy, hopefully they'll let me come back in the country on a limited purpose visa, which states when I'm coming in, when I'm leaving, and it can't be extended...

Anywho, so that's where everything is now! We've gotta pack up everything in our flat in case we have to leave the country in a hurry. I hate packing. LOL

No comments: