WABI SABI MOMENTS

Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

30 days...

30 days....

That's how long I have left on my visa here....

48 days....

That's how long Immigration New Zealand has been processing my extension....the one that will allow me to legally remain in this country through the end of the year.

I've been through this process before to stay here past September of last year...it took them around 2 weeks to approve my extension then.

So why the long wait now? Because this time I had to have a medical check done as well...and there were some issues that came up, so we expected for them to have to send off the medical check for yet another independent review before requesting me to undergo more tests. Such a process would have taken around 4 weeks (according to their website) in addition to the average processing time for a visa extension.

So why is it that I haven't heard a thing after 7 weeks? And why is it that when I logged onto my account with Immigration Services in the hopes that I could find something out, that I find that my processing dates have been changed? I was notified on the 28th of March that they had received my application and it was processing....and my account always reflected that. But now it says they didn't receive it until the 18th of April??? The same date they said they received my medical check....even though they actually received it along with my other paperwork on March 28th! And now the date of receiving my medical check (which they claimed was the 18th of April) their site now says was received May 2nd!! May fucking 2nd? What the FUCK is going on??

I want to know who the fuck is changing the dates...and why. Is it to make it look like I didn't send my application in with enough time for processing?? Is it so that when we call to register a complaint they can say it's our fault and they are just doing their job within the estimated time they already state? Is someone fixing the books to look good, or covering their ass because they didn't send off my medical check for an additional review when they were supposed to??? Why haven't I received any email telling me someone fucked with all the dates?? They're sitting in their fucking little office with a stack of files that represent peoples LIVES! You know, I might be some little name on their list, but to me this means being forced to be apart from Chris...we've been married for less than 5 months!

I don't know what to do... I can't call and talk to the person who's reviewing my case...and they won't grant an emergency extension just to allow me to stay in the country 'til they approve or deny my application.... And now they've fucked with the dates it's been processing for???? I'd expect something like this from the US government...and I'd have the right to go sit at their offices and make a pain in the ass of myself...and I could write and call my congressman and senator...but here? I can't do anything here.... My hands are tied....

30 days....and counting....

No comments: